Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 7: Why I Am Who I Am

So, my first inclination was to post a picture of Joseph, but he'll get his time on Day 20, so I thought more about it and realized that ANASAZI is quite appropriate for this post. Not even serving a mission impacted who I am more than working as a trailwalker.



We weren't allowed to take cameras on the trail for confidentiality reasons, so I have very few photos of me as a trailwalker. This one is from my training week.

Anasazi was such a huge influence on me for two reasons. The first was just the basic philosophy of the program. The second was the people who actually endeavored to live that philosophy. (Hmmm. After writing that, I realize that the Gospel fits that description as well. But I've had the Gospel my whole life, and the influence it has had over who I've become has been gradual. And that description would fit my family. But the point is that I changed drastically during the short time I worked at Anasazi.)

I loved Anasazi and miss it. The reason I quit was to marry Joseph; if I hadn't met him, I'd probably still be working there. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment