Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 15: 10 Random Songs

So when I got married, I added Joseph's music to my iPod. I have a playlist that has my music on it, and I did the shuffle on my playlist to eliminate not only Joseph's music (most of which I don't know at all), but also to eliminate the scriptures, which account for over 35% of the tracks on the iPod.

10 Random Songs

1. "Money" by Pink Floyd on Dark Side of the Moon

Papa used to play "Time" off of this album to wake us up, and I thought for the longest time that I didn't like it. Then one time I heard the music without knowing what it was and liked it so much that I went and bought my own album.

2. "Wistful Waltz" - Instrumental - on Slow Dance

I went through a stage when I was a teenager where I really liked saxophone music. This was a cd I found that had sax without lyrics.

3. "Wedding Bell Blues" by The 5th Dimension on the My Girl soundtrack

I just like the music from this era. This is my least favorite song on the soundtrack, though.

4. "Bridge over Troubled Waters" by Simon & Garfunkel on Simon and Garfunkel's Greatest Hits

Much of my music is Papa's music. I don't really have anything special I like about Simon & Garfunkel besides that.

5. "O Home Beloved, for chorus" by Mormon Tabernacle Choir on America's Choir

I used to stand outside the Tabernacle as a missionary on Thursday nights while the choir was practicing and invite people who came to hear them practice to learn more about The Church. It was amazing how quickly the Spirit touched people as they listened to the choir.

6. "The Wedding Song" by Kenny G on Breathless

I refer to my aforementioned saxophone stage.

7. "Twilight" by Vanessa Carlton on Be Not Nobody

I love the song "A Thousand Miles." I bought this cd (before the advent of being able to download a single mp3) solely for that song. I still am not very familiar with the rest of the album.

8. "My Baby Don't Love Me" by Everything But the Girl on The Language of Life

Now, much of my music is Papa's music, but Everything But the Girl plays music I like because of my mom. It's just easy to listen to.

9. "Hymn to the Sea" by Celine Dion & James Horner on the Titanic soundtrack

My friend Garrett loaned me the soundtrack to Titanic before I saw the movie. (My first date was actually with Garrett to go see Titanic.) I loved it. I bought my own soundtrack and then proceeded to listen to it for the next four months straight (though I did program the cd player to play the songs at the beginning and the end and skip the ship-sinking songs; I didn't like those as much). I have friends who bring that up any time the music plays. :)

10. "Never an Absolution" by James Horner on the Titanic soundtrack

See above.

1 comment:

  1. Most of the music on my iPod was influenced by my dad too. Grandpa must have really done a good job teaching his boys to love good music because our dads passed it on to us!!

    ReplyDelete