Monday, June 7, 2010

Creative?

I have a new calling. I'm the ward publicity chairman or something like that. Basically it means I update the bulletin board. When I was extended the calling, I was told that I could decorate the board. I said that I'm not very creative and that I'm sure it was fine the way it was, but I would be happy to update the calendar that showed ward events.

Then I saw the board.

It didn't even have our ward's name on it!! I figured I could at least fix that. So I went to the craft store and bought some butcher paper to put on the background (so I could be sure that the paper that I chose for the words wouldn't clash; besides, I didn't like the flaggish look) and some scrapbook paper for the ward name. But I had to buy the paper before I could use the die cutters, and I bought one page too many. Since Eldon was sleeping--in the carrier Karma made; thanks!--I used the extra sheet of paper and the scraps from the letters to make little other shapes.


Then yesterday after church I updated it. The calendar still said March. Of the 5 papers posted on the board, 2 were for events that were past. I trashed those. One of the others was an advertisement for the Church's radio station, which was also posted on the other half of the bulletin board for another ward. I felt that was redundant. So it's gone, too. And whether it's very creative or not, I like it better than when I started.

Ta-da!

2 comments:

  1. I think that looks so much better!! I wish that I had been there - I have tons of supplies for this sort of thing and would have loved to do it with you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo! That really does look awesome!

    ReplyDelete