Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day 18: Plans, Dreams, Goals

My musings about my dreams last July still apply, so I think I'll stick with plans and goals for today.

I plan:

~ to make a new casserole for dinner tonight.
~ to home school my children.
~ to have an out-of-hospital birth for Tavlin.
~ to start packing for our upcoming move by boxing up my books.
~ to do Eldon's laundry soon.
~ to finish transferring stuffing from my old bean bag cover to the new one I just made.
~ to make a denim quilt someday. (I've been saving old jeans for that purpose for years.)
~ to go to the temple in the next few weeks.

The above list is in no particular order and is only a few of my random plans that came to mind in just a couple of minutes.

As for goals . . . well, last weekend I went to Idaho with my mom. We had plenty of time to talk during the drive, and our conversation led to some introspection on my part. The question of the order of priorities, particularly of God, husband, and family, came up. I think that perhaps I don't have God at the top of the list as I should have, so I have a goal to work on my relationship with my Heavenly Father and Savior and to make sure that they are my number one priority. I have been working on studying my scriptures rather than just reading them and praying more sincerely. And I believe that as I draw closer to God, my relationships with my husband and family will be blessed, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment