Sunday, January 13, 2013

Day 30: My Favorite Song

Let's finish this challenge!

But seriously, my favorite song? Do I have a favorite anything? Besides Joseph. He's definitely my favorite. Other than him, I guess I'd say that green is my favorite color. But a year ago I would have said that blue was. And I think that vanilla is my favorite ice cream. But that's because it is smooth and can go with anything. It's like jeans...you can wear any color with jeans and it's fine. Vanilla goes with pie, it goes with cake, it can stand alone, etc.

Okay, so maybe I do have a few favorites. But a song? Nope. I have favorites. Plural.

As I mentioned on Day 15, I bought a whole cd of songs I didn't know and still don't know simply for the song "A Thousand Miles" by Vanessa Carlton. I guess that qualifies it to be one of my favorite songs.

Another of my favorite songs is "Unwritten" by Natasha Bedingfield. I like how it helps me remember that the future is what I make of it and to embrace life.

And then there's "I Am a Child of God." A couple of weeks ago I asked Tavi if she wanted to take a nap. She crawled into Eldon's bed. Eldon then came over to her, started stroking her hair, and sang "I Am a Child of God" to her. I didn't even know he knew it. You can't beat that.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! You finished the challenge! I loved learning new things about you all along the way!

    ReplyDelete