Thursday, May 26, 2011

Day 23: Nine to Survive, Twelve to Thrive

I find that I don't crave them nearly as much as I used to because Joseph provides a limitless supply, but hugs are essential to me. I've had many times where I've simply asked a roommate, a friend, or even a stranger for a hug because I have just needed one. My grandfather's girlfriend, Jane, was a big hugger, too. She recently passed away, but a maxim of hers was that you needed nine hugs each day to survive and twelve to thrive. So in memory of Jane, may I suggest that you go share a dozen hugs and make the world a little bit better!

1 comment:

  1. That was my favorite thing about Jane. You never left her feeling unhugged!! I live by her mantra and hope I will pass it down to future generations too!!

    Sending a big hug your way . . . .

    ReplyDelete